TICK Value of the Week
This week, our students have been discussing and reflecting on their compassion.
Why is it important to be compassionate?
Displaying compassion can help improve the current mental or physical state, feelings, or situation of someone else. An act of kindness, a word of encouragement, in that moment of crisis, can positively change the lives of those who feel vulnerable.
Although you cannot save the entire world, you can play your individual role in making the world a better place. Through kind acts and/words of encouragement, you can inspire others' faith in humanity and they, too, may go on to help others. This is called ‘paying it forward.’
How could you show compassion this week?
· Ask someone in your house about their day and really listen
· Go and visit that friend or family member you haven’t seen in a long time
· Help your brother/sister/friend with their homework
· Congratulate someone who achieves something or does something well
· Hold a door open for someone
“If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.” – Dalai Lama