Admissions to the College are coordinated by Plymouth City Council. Parents can apply for up to 3 secondary schools for a place for their child, and rank them in order of preference (please refer to Plymouth City Council’s ‘The Next Step Parents Guide’ for further details).
Our College has a Published Admission Number for each year group as follows:
Year 7 - 180
Year 8 - 180
Year 9 - 180
Year 10 - 180
Year 11 - 180
A child with an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) or Statement of Special Educational Needs (SEN) which names the College will be admitted. In the event of over-subscription, Plymouth City Council will apply the following admission criteria in order of priority:
1. Looked after children and all previously looked after children.
2. Children with exceptional medical or social grounds.
3. Children with a sibling already attending the College at the time of admission.
4. Children attending a feeder primary school (Austin Farm, Compton C of E; Eggbuckland Vale; St Edward’s C of E; St Matthew’s C of E; Widey Court).
5. Children whose parent/carer is a member of staff employed on a permanent contract at the school for 2 or more years at the time at which the application for admission is made.
6. Other children.